Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Newest Covet: November 1, 2011

I recently grabbed drinks after work with an old friend who had just returned from a trip to Paris.  Ever the Francophile, I could not stop gasping over all her accoutrements.

"Your shoes are so pretty!"

"Oh, they're from Paris."

"GREAT accessories!!!"

"Thanks, I got them in Paris."

There was one item, though, that I've been lusting after ever since our night out on the town - a crazy long, gorgeous dark brown leopard print scarf.

As I've mentioned, I don't own anything in leopard.  It seems bold (which I love) but, at times, garish - or at least more so for me than, say, rocking a bright pink shoe.  Ok, so I'm weirdly timid about leopard.

On the shopping prowl since for the perfect-but-not-$400 selection (yes, Alexander McQueen, I'm talking about you and your overpriced scarves), I think I've found it.

Light and frothy, but oh so long - I want to nest in it, draping it around and around to be coyly tucked into my ruffle collared trench coat.

Best of all - $18 and free shipping.

I'm sold.

Scarf, nordstrom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment