Friday, October 26, 2012

Living Like a Flapper

I've never been a shoe person per se.  Do I like them?  Surely.  And do I have a ton of pairs?  Well, I am a lady.  But I don't suppose I've ever really swooned over them, or felt an overwhelming need to throw down a pile of cash for a pair I just can't live without.  In fact, most of my adornments have been acquired throughout the years for less than $20.  And, by and large, they're almost all flats.
 
This season, it's time for me to step out of my comfort zone.  Accessible heels, brighter colors, and whimsical options abound, and, being ever the vintage enthusiast, I can't think of a better start than one of these treasures.
 
 
Seychelles is always so spot on with their designs, and this teal number is no exception.  I love the rich blue paired with such dashing, autumnal hues, and can't wait to try them with a simple wrap dress and tights.
 
 
While I do have an overwhelming number of ballet slippers, this lovely treat from Urban Outfitters is just too precious to pass up.  I 'm crazy about the deeper, rosy hue of the ribbon juxtaposed against the paler flat, and am dying to wear them with a sage colored frock and my gold and silver pocket watch necklace. 
 

Urban Outfitters also got it right with their swan applique flat.  These just scream fairy tale endings to me and, although they are a bit more brash than I'm used to, I have a more playful casual Friday in mind- dark skinny jeans, an oversized top, and strands and strands of pearls. 
 


 

And Ruche?  Gosh, what would I do without this website?  While I could write many a blog lauding the genius' behind my favorite online retailer, I leave you instead with these three, perfect pairs of shoes.

It's incredibly exhilarating to know jaunty takes on old-fashioned designs will truly never go out of style - and I may just get to be a modern day flapper yet! 
 


Come visit me on Twitter and Pinterest!

http://twitter.com/thispieslife



Seychelles Petunia heel, Seychellesfootwear.com
Kimchi Blue Sweetheart ankle tie skimmer, Urbanoutfitters.com
Cooperative applique flat, Urbanoutfitters.com
Fairy godmother cutout indie heels, Shopruche.com
Jenny indie bow heels, Shopruche.com
Amity bow kitten heels, Shopruche.com

No comments:

Post a Comment