Thursday, May 10, 2012

Lip Stain: Miracle Product Or A Sham?

I have to wake up for work at 6:00 AM to make it to work by 8:45 AM.  Every morning.

My beauty routine as a result?  Virtually non-existent.

So when my friend mentioned finding success with a relatively new lip stain on the market, I was intrigued - will this perk up my look in a hurry?


Available in 10 shades, the stains are packaged like a marker, with a chunky balm on the opposite end for all day shine.  Inspired by Cameron Diaz's interview in this month's In Style magazine, I selected 'Passion,' a hot pink hue.


At first, Passion went on great.  The pink was just vibrant enough without making me feel clownish, and the color does truly last for hours on end.

The downfalls?  The balm fell off.  Real fast.  I had read reviews prior to my purchase that indicated this was an issue, but figured it wouldn't happen to mine if I was extra careful.  Wrong!

Also an issue?  I've been using it pretty regularly for 2 weeks and the color seems to be fading from the marker - I find I have to use more to get that pretty sheen I initially so adored.  At around $8.99 a stain, do I really want to have to replace my color so frequently?

The verdict: Although the color is smashing and it does last for ages, I suspect I will not continue on with this brand.

But so many other options to try!  Next up, Covergirls' Outlast?  Or dare I bypass all the drugstore fare and go lux with Benetint, an old standard?

Experiment time!

1 comment:

  1. I've had good luck with the Stila lip and cheek stain and I've had that for almost a year. It's a really pale pink but I've been wanting to try the mango (you know my coral obsession).

    ReplyDelete